You have questions, we have answers
How do I participate in the Great Quincy Auction?
- You can bid and buy on-line at http://www.greatquincyauction.com or call our business office at 217-224-4102. During the live auction, you can reach an operator at 217-223-9300 or 1-800-228-9823. If you experience any technical problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note your email WILL NOT be sold or given to any outside sources. ** If you haven't done so already, you'll need to register for an account before you can bid or buy with us. www.gobidpro.com/greatquincyauction/register.php If you register for an account and do not receive an activation email, check your spam filter, we sometimes get caught there. If still no email, contact our business office and we'll activate your account manually.
Where do these items come from?
All items are from local vendors. The vendors receive advertising on our radio stations in exchange for providing goods and services that we offer to the general public in an auction format.
How do I Buy an item right now?
You need to opt for the Buy Now function. There are often multiple items available here, but you'll want to get yours before they are gone.
- Once you are registered, you can click on the Buy Items Available link.
- Choose the items you want, then click on Buy Item + to purchase.
- Buy now items are available to purchase at a set price immediately.
- By clicking on "Confirm Purchase," you are agreeing to purchase this item.
- The item will be moved to your Unpaid items folder.
- You will need to pay for the item on-line through PayPal with a credit card or in person at the Great Quincy Auction office no later than 3 business days from the date of purchase.
How does the bidding work?
- When you place a bid, you enter the maximum amount you're willing to pay for the item. The seller and other bidders won't know your maximum bid amount.
- We then place bids on your behalf starting with the next bid increment for the auction. We'll bid as much as necessary to make sure that you remain the high bidder (or to meet the reserve price). We'll keep bidding for you until bidding reaches your maximum amount.
- If another bidder has placed the same bid before you or a higher maximum bid, we'll email that you've been outbid so that you can place another bid if you want. However, if no other bidder has a higher maximum bid at the end of the auction, you win the item even if your bid doesn't go as high as your maximum bid. You could pay significantly less than your maximum price. This means you don't have to keep coming back to re-bid every time another bid is placed.
What is Paypal?
PayPal is an account-based system that allows anyone with an email address to securely send and receive online payments. PayPal makes sending money as easy as sending email. Members can instantly send money to anyone with an email address. Recipients are notified by email that they have received a payment. PayPal is designed from the ground up to be one of the safest ways to send money online. Unlike other financial institutions, our payments are sent without sharing financial information. In fact, PayPal never shares your financial information with or sells it to merchants.
It's always free to send money, you receive your items in a timely manner, and it's secure and private.
What happens after I pay for an item?
If you use your credit card to pay on-line you can:
- Print your own certificate from your own computer immediately. If you do not print your certificates within three business days, we will print it and mail it to the address on file.
- Allow one full business day for our business office to process the transaction. The certificate will be mailed to the address on file.
What if I don't want to use my credit card?
You can pay with cash or check by coming to STARadio business offices at 329 Maine in Quincy, IL between 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
How do I track the purchases and bids that I've made?
You can track all of your activity in My Account area. It will show you items you still need to pay for, items you've purchased, and items you've placed bids on and whether or not they've met the reserve price. You can even link back to the bid item if you want to increase your maximum bid.
What does "Reserve not Met" mean?
There is a minimum price that Great Quincy Auction is willing to sell the item for. Bidders must exceed the minimum price or the item will not be sold. The reserve price is generally set at approximately half the retail value of the item.
Auction conducted under auspices of Bruce Block IL Auctioneer No. 441.001378 and GoBidPro 447.000107